Consuming tea has been linked to numerous body benefits. Experts have come to believe that a hot cup of tea may do more than just relax you. If you are not fond of drinking tea yet, go through the points listed below and see how tea does good to your body.
1. Tea contains antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances or nutrients in our food which can prevent or slow down the oxidative damage to our body. Thus antioxidants found in tea prevent our body from the damages caused by aging.
2. Tea may reduce risk of heart attack and stroke. It is believed that tea may help keep the arteries smooth and clog-free. A study indicates 70 percent lower risk of fatal heart attack in people who drank at least 2-3 cups of black tea daily as compared to non tea drinkers.
3. Tea has less caffeine than coffee. One cup of coffee contains around 135mg of caffeine, whereas tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup.
4. Tea gives you a sweet smile. A hard truth to believe but this is true. There has always been an argument that drinking tea causes teeth to stain. The fact is that it is actually the sugar added to it that is responsible for the decay of the teeth and not the tea itself. In fact tea contains fluoride and tannins that keep plaque to a minimum. So adding unsweetened tea in our diet along with proper brushing and flossing will lead to healthier looking teeth and gums.
5. Tea protects against cancer. Though the etiology of cancer is complex as it is influenced by many environmental and genetical factors yet cancer rates seem to be lower in tea drinkers. The antioxidants (polyphenols) found in tea have been linked with cancer reduction, as they appear to block the actions of some enzymes linked with the disease. Women who have a cuppa a day are 10 percent less likely to develop the disease than those who never drink tea, research last year revealed.
6. Tea boosts immune system. Drinking tea may help keep the doctor away. A new study shows that tea boosts the body’s immune system fight off infections.
7. Tea increases your metabolism. Antioxidants and magnesium compounds found in tea can help you lose weight, experts claim. Besides tea does not have any calories unless milk or a sweetener is added to it. Many people complain about their inability to lose weight along with slow metabolic rate. Research shows that consuming one cup of green tea a day for a year can bring about a loss of five pounds. Of course , walking for 15-20 minutes every day will also aid in burning the calories.
To extract the maximum health benefits from your teas, choose the best quality from your local store. Do not wait any longer…..brew it up in your teapot, enjoy the aroma and sip it in the company of your loved ones!